Call Us: (615) 284-8271
Operating grant funds are now available for agencies that have an established relationship with BHT, have a mission that is in close alignment with BHT and have demonstrated organizational and financial stability.
Agency has an established relationship with BHT
- Agencies applying in this category will have at least three (3) full years of previous funding history with the Trust and have been active BHT grantees within the past twelve months.
- The agency must have met or exceeded outcomes in previous grants and complied with all reporting procedures in a timely manner.
Agency's mission is in close alignment with BHT
- The agency provides compassionate health services to vulnerable populations in Middle Tennessee.
- The majority of the agency's programs are health services that produce measurable, positive health outcomes within one of BHT's areas of interest or produce system change efforts that directly increase access to compassionate healthcare.
- At minimum, 51% of the agency's clients must reside within the geographical area funded by BHT and be considered low-wealth individuals.
Agency has demonstrated organizational sustainability and stable financial position
- Agency must be able to demonstrate strong, positive financial position.
- Agency has revenues (excluding in-kinds) equal to or in excess of $500,000 in its most recent year of operation.
- Agency must have received an unqualified audit for the prior two years. In addition, the agency must provide any letters from their auditors which communicate material weaknesses and/or significant deficiencies in the agency's internal controls.
- Agency has unrestricted net assets greater than $0.
- The agency has total assets of less than $20,000,000.
- Requests cannot exceed $65,000 and the size of request is based on the agency's budget size. Please see the new guidelines below.
- Applicants cannot apply for a Transom Grant and an Operating Grant within the same grant cycle, and agencies are not eligible to have a Transom and Operating Grants concurrently.
- Operating Grants will be awarded in one year terms.
- Operating grant funding is limited. Priority will be given to applicants that have demonstrated strong organizational and program outcomes over time.
AGENCY BUDGET SIZE MAX REQUEST AMOUNT
$500,000 - $749,999 $25,000
$750,000 - $999,999 $37,500
$1M - $1,999,999 $50,000
$2M and above $65,000