At the birth of the Baptist Healing Trust, our board decided we wanted to be more than a grant making organization that distributes checks to charities. Instead, we have chosen to offer help to non-profit organizations in ways that go beyond money. Our mission statement is to be a caring ministry devoted to healing with love in the Christian tradition.
We believe that in order to flourish, the mission of loving care must be actively nourished. To this end, the staff of the Trust has committed to partnering with the staff of select charities to raise the standard of loving care to new heights. True loving care is the hardest to provide; its practitioners need continued support. They also deserve thanks and appreciation. Caregiver support is vital to successful recruitment and retention. Our desire is to help non-profits in their efforts to build and sustain an effective, loving workforce.
The Baptist Healing Trust offers an invitation to caregivers to experience renewal, support, and appreciation for the hard work they do day in and day out. Specifically, a time for a brief retreat is available to any of your direct caregivers who are interested in a time of refreshment, reflection, and community building among other caregivers in the Middle Tennessee region.
• "Healing for the Healer" retreats are scheduled for the following dates in 2008: March 25, June 24, September 9, and December 2.
• All retreats will be held on the Scarritt-Bennett campus in Nashville from 8:30 – 11:30 am.
• Participation is not required for all four retreats, although we would love to see caregivers become involved in as many retreats as possible!
• There is no cost to the caregiver and all supplies will be provided to each participant free of charge
• Application is being made for CEUs from the Tennessee Nurses Association
Interested participants are asked to RSVP to Dawn Meadows Thrasher at 284-8271 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.